Get all the detail of wbjee 2019 preparation tips also.
As an engineering student, I thought it would be an interesting idea to share my opinion on the WBJEE 2018 Exam Pattern – which I had attempted some time ago- and give you, my dear readers, some valuable tips. Please note that my observations are based on the WBJEE Exam Pattern of 2017 as the official notification for WBJEE 2018 is not yet out. But, in all probability, the WBJEE 2018 Exam Pattern is not likely to go through many changes. So, stay tuned to this article for a more in-depth view of the monstrous task WBJEE exams!
Before we get into the details, take a look at the WBJEE 2018 Syllabus, Eligibility & Important Dates to get a general overview about the entire process.
Please refer to the following table to understand the WBJEE 2018 Exam Pattern. The table explains the subject-wise division and category-wise marking scheme for WBJEE 2018.
WBJEE 2018 Exam Pattern
*Q – Number of Questions, M-Marks.
- WBJEE 2018 will be of total 350 marks
- The Question Paper has four sections viz. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biological Sciences.
- Each section is further divided into three categories, each with a different marking scheme.
For easy understanding, we’ve put together a table explaining the category-wise marking scheme.
So, this was the WBJEE 2017 Exam Pattern and the Marking Scheme which is also expected for WBJEE 2018.
Now, as promised, here are some useful tips to manage the WBJEE 2018 Exam Pattern.
Tips for Managing the WBJEE 2018 Exam Pattern:
- While attempting the Mathematics section, which is usually conducted first, I would advise you to attempt the Category 2 and Category 3 questions first, and then take up the Category 1 questions. This tried-and-tested approach helps you score well and leaves you with time for the Category 1 questions. It also boosts your self-confidence, which is a very crucial factor for doing well in the exams.
- While solving Category 3 questions, please be very careful about not marking a wrong answeras it would lead to a waste of your time and no scoring of marks. Mark only those answers that you are sure about. Now, I hope you understand why Mathematics is so important for WBJEE 2018.
- After the Mathematics section is over, you get a break of about an hour. You should utilize this time to relax and get ready for the next section, which again consists of two gruelling hours of problem-solving.
- For the Physics and Chemistry Sections, again my advice is to attempt the Category 2 & Category 3 questions first. The reasons are pretty much the same as for the Mathematics section.
I didn’t attempt the Category 2 & 3 questions first while my friends did and they immensely benefitted from this approach. I did regret it later, but since you have already read about how my experience was, you should learn from it and implement the same.
Above all, the important thing is to stay motivated and attempt the WBJEE 2018 with a positive state of mind.
That’s all for today, folks. You could also read our article that provides all the information about WBJEE to get an edge over others.
All the best